The Richard Thomas Foundation was established in 2009 to commission innovative and interesting works of contemporary performance art, and to support an ongoing programme of performances, recordings and exhibitions in London and elsewhere.
LATEST NEWS – JULY 2014
- Artists Pinar & Viola launched their Family Special – Polyamory collection in Paris, France on 29th June 2014. The Foundation is supporting their related work Gentlemen Like Us
- Yellow Leaves by Charlotte Bray was performed in Aix-en-Provence, France on 23 June 2014. Details here.
- RTF 2013 Annual Report now published. Details here.
- Quintet by Laurence Crane will be performed in March 2015 at the Victoria New Music Festival in British Columbia, Canada – the 8th performance of this work, and by the 4th ensemble to play it.
Upcoming concerts promoted by the Foundation include:
- A concert of work by Charlotte Bray at Piano Salon Christopheri, Berlin, Germany on 12 September 2014. Tickets here.
- A concert centred around songs by Jonathan Dove at the Purcell Room, Southbank, London on 13 November 2014
Forthcoming recordings out in 2014 supported by the Foundation include:
- Debut Disc recording of works by Charlotte Bray on NMC, out in October.
Commissions in progress include:
- 12 Conversations with Thilo Heinzmann an interdisciplinary art and musical composition journey of ideas involving the Berlin based artist Thilo Heinzmann and the Icelandic composer Jóhann Jóhannsson. German premiere planned for late 2015; UK premiere in early 2016.
- Gentlemen Like Us the beginning of an art and musical collaboration with the Paris based artists Pinar&Viola.
- Logo by the artist Christian Flamm
Click on image to see the Classical Music magazine (December 2013) picking two Richard Thomas Foundation Commissions (Charlotte Bray and Hannah Kendall) as “Premieres of the Year 2013″ and..
New Movement Collective is on the “Best Independent Company” shortlist for the 2014 National Dance Awards
Recent supported events included:
- The Ives Ensemble playing Barry, Cage, Crane, Egan and Fox at the Purcell Room, Southbank, London, on 3rd December 2013.
- New Movement Collective performing the interactive dance piece Casting Traces in London, July 2014
Completed commissions include:
- Yellow Leaves by Charlotte Bray first performed at the Purcell Room, Southbank, London on 15th May 2013
- On the Chequer’d Field Arrayed by Hannah Kendall, expanding an earlier commission “Middlegame” to a 3 movement piece, also first performed on 15th May at the Purcell Room
- Sadly now the Throstle Sings by Gavin Higgins, first performed at the RNCM Festival of Brass, Manchester, in January 2012
- Quintet by Laurence Crane, first performed at the Purcell Room, Southbank, London, in October 2011.
Clicking on the “COMMISSIONS” link above will take you to a complete list of pieces we have commissioned and supported, including further links to a recording of the premiere of Quintet and a film of the premiere of Middlegame.
Clicking on the “ABOUT” link above will take you to various bits of information about the Foundation.
Thank you for your interest,