The Richard Thomas Foundation was established in 2009 to commission innovative and interesting works of contemporary performance art, and to support an ongoing programme of performances, recordings and exhibitions in London and elsewhere.
LATEST NEWS – DEC 2013
Click on image to see the Classical Music magazine (December 2013) picking two Richard Thomas Foundation Commissions (Charlotte Bray and Hannah Kendall) as “Premieres of the Year 2013″ and..
New Movement Collective is on the “Best Independent Company” shortlist for the 2014 National Dance Awards
Johnny Coppin CD English folk music part-funded through the Foundation now available.
Recent supported events included:
- The Ives Ensemble playing Barry, Cage, Crane, Egan and Fox at the Purcell Room, Southbank, London, on 3rd December 2013.
- Robert Fokkens’ debut CD on Divine Arts
- New Movement Collective performing the interactive dance piece Nest in London, July 2013
Completed commissions include:
- Yellow Leaves by Charlotte Bray first performed at the Purcell Room, Southbank, London on 15th May 2013
- On the Chequer’d Field Arrayed by Hannah Kendall, expanding “Middlegame” to a 3 movement piece, also first performed on 15th May at the Purcell Room
- Middlegame by Hannah Kendall, first performed at Gallery Libby Sellers, London, in July 2012
- Sadly now the Throstle Sings by Gavin Higgins, first performed at the RNCM Festival of Brass, Manchester, in January 2012
- Quintet by Laurence Crane, first performed at the Purcell Room, Southbank, London, in October 2011.
Commissions in progress include:
- 12 Conversations with Thilo Heinzmann an interdisciplinary art and musical composition journey of ideas involving the Berlin based artist Thilo Heinzmann and the Copenhagen based composer Jóhann Jóhannsson.
Clicking on the “COMMISSIONS” link above will take you to a complete list of pieces we have commissioned and supported, including further links to a recording of the premiere of Quintet and a film of the premiere of Middlegame.
Clicking on the “ABOUT” link above will take you to various bits of information about the Foundation.
Thank you for your interest,