The Richard Thomas Foundation was established in 2009 to commission innovative and interesting works of contemporary performance art, and to support an ongoing programme of performances, recordings and exhibitions in London and elsewhere.
Completed commissions include:
- Quintet by Laurence Crane, first performed at the Purcell Room, Southbank, London, in October 2011.
- Sadly now the Throstle Sings by Gavin Higgins, first performed at the RNCM Festival of Brass, Manchester, in January 2012
- Middlegame by Hannah Kendall, first performed at Gallery Libby Sellers, London, in July 2012
- Yellow Leaves by Charlotte Bray first performed at the Purcell Room, Southbank, London on 15th May 2013
- On the Chequer’d Field Arrayed by Hannah Kendall, expanding “Middlegame” to a 3 movement piece, also first performed on 15th May at the Purcell Room
Commissions in progress include:
- 12 Conversations with Thilo Heinzmann an interdisciplinary art and musical composition journey of ideas involving the Berlin based artist Thilo Heinzmann and the Copenhagen based composer Jóhann Jóhannsson
The next event we are supporting is:
- Nest an immersive piece of dance, music and architecture by the New Movement Collective – 15th to 24th July in the Old Welsh Chapel in Shaftesbury Avenue, London W1. Buy tickets here
Clicking on the “COMMISSIONS” link above will take you to a complete list of pieces we have commissioned and supported, including further links to a recording of the premiere of Quintet and a film of the premiere of Middlegame.
Clicking on the “ABOUT” link above will take you to various bits of information about the Foundation.
Thank you for your interest,